I'm someone who absolutely loves all kinds of fashion books, and I am always reading a fashion book. I want to share my knowledge on these books, no matter if they are photography books, books on designers, books with outfits or fashion sketches in them, or any other type of books on fashion. So read my reviews and feel welcome to give me tips on other good fashion books that I have not read yet!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Who do you want to be today? by Trinny and Susannah

Since I saw Trinny's and Susannah's original tv show several years ago, I have been a fan, even though I don't always agree with all style choices they make for people. This is why I own several of their books as well. The last one I got is called Who do you want to be today?

This is a book that is supposed to inspire you to dress in different styles and give you the courage and the confidence to do so. That's why this book is not really meant for those who are looking to develop their own signature style and a basic wardrobe, but rather for those who like to experiment with fashion and try new looks on a regular basis.
I think it's also a great buy for anyone who wants a wardrobe makeover and find a new style for themselves.

Some of the styles featured in the book are:
Bombshell (a la Marilyn Monroe and Scarlett Johansen)
Gamine (a la Audrey Hepburn)
Cutting Edge Cool
Androgyne
Ice Queen (a la Grace Kelly)
Avant-Garde Eccentric
Diva
Sophisticate
Rock Chick
Minimalist
High Maintenance
and
Boho, so if you have ever wanted to try any of those looks, this could be a good read for you.


One thing I particularly like about this book is that it doesn't only explain what clothes you should get in order to achieve the look you want, it also tells you what make up and beauty products go with the look as well as what finishing touches (accessories, shoes and jewelry) fit the style. It also has tons of beautiful photos of looks and pieces you can use to achieve those looks.

So yes, if you are into experimenting with fashion and already have the basics down, or simply are a Trinny and Susannah fan like me, this book is definitely worth getting!

Click on the pic of the book below to get it on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment