I'm someone who absolutely loves all kinds of fashion books, and I am always reading a fashion book. I want to share my knowledge on these books, no matter if they are photography books, books on designers, books with outfits or fashion sketches in them, or any other type of books on fashion. So read my reviews and feel welcome to give me tips on other good fashion books that I have not read yet!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Style Statement - Live by your own design by Carrie McCarthy and Danielle La Porte

Style Statement by Carrie McCarthy and Danielle La Porte promises to inspire us to make more powerful choices when it comes to communicating who we are, in every single thing we do, from dressing to decorating our homes and much more. That's why this book is not only a book about fashion, even if a large part of the book does bring up fashion choices as well, but rather a lifestyle book.

I do think the fashion parts of this book are so good, however, that I have decided to feature the book here on Fashion Books Blog.

What I love about this book is that it features real people, and what they love and interviews that help us understand what defines their style. That makes this book a great buy for anyone who is interested in reading about other people's style (I really do!). It also has a lot of gorgeous photos and introduces fashionistas who read it to concepts and styles you might not find in other style guides.
So while this is not actually a fashion book, I think it is a good read for those interested in fashion, but it is an even better buy if you are also looking for a makeover or some kind of improvement for other parts of your life as well.

The book does not contain a lot of practical advice, however. Instead, it seems to want to make you think and question your current choices and ask yourself what it really is that makes you tick on your own.

So I would not recommend this book for anyone who needs very hands on advice, even though I quite enjoyed the book myself.

If you are interested in getting the book, I saw that they have it for as little as $10 over at Amazon. Click on the image below to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment